POSITION: Carbon Offset Projects Research Assistant
Are you seeking to make a difference in sustainable agriculture?
Become a research assistant at the innovative Rivulis Climate team, within Rivulis, a leading global drip-irrigation company!
Rivulis Climate develops carbon offset projects in agriculture, in which farmers adopt regen ag practices that enhance soil health and carbon sequestration. To predict changes in soil organic carbon (SOC) under various conditions, we rely on process-based models that have been thoroughly tested and validated in the scientific literature. Currently, we are looking for a dedicated research assistant to join our modeling team. This role involves delving into scientific papers, extracting relevant data, and contributing to the validation process of our models.
• Research assistant in modeling soil organic carbon (SOC).
o Reviewing and summarizing scientific papers describing the effect of different agricultural practices on SOC
o Use the reviewed data to validate process-based carbon models
• Short-term position spanning several months (optional as a summer-break job for students)
• The position may evolve into a full-time researcher role
• The job is located in Kfar Saba (Rivulis Global HQ) and can be partially remote
• You will report to Ziv Sade, Rivulis Climate scientist
• Scientific background – BSc/MSc (or students) in soil science, agronomy, or bio-geo-chemistry
• Ability to screen, structure and organize large amount of scientific data
• Excellent English reading and writing
• Analytical mindset
• Self-motivated and an independent worker
Good To Have
• On-hand experience in SOC process-based models like RothC, DNDC and DayCent
• Skilled at programming (Python, R), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and/or Remote Sensing (RS)
• Understanding of bio-geo-chemical mechanisms of carbon fluxes in agricultural systems